Skip to Main Content

Application Development Software

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback about Oracle Forums, please email oracle-forums-moderators_us@oracle.com. Technical questions should be asked in the appropriate category. Thank you!

Interested in getting your voice heard by members of the Developer Marketing team at Oracle? Check out this post for AppDev or this post for AI focus group information.

Using SOA BPEL fault policies and binding in combination with BPEL catchAll

Aashish RanjanApr 18 2024

I have a scenario where I am calling a 3rd party rest service. I want that whenever there is a remote fault while calling the rest service BPEL should attempt 2 retries 30 seconds apart. If even the retries fail, control should go to the BPEL's catchAll block where I am processing the fault, sending an email notification etc. Now the problem is if I use the fault policies and binding to configure the retries, the control doesn't go back to catchAll in the BPEL. I tried setting the default failure action as rethrow fault in retry properties but it ignores the catchAll block. If i don't use fault policies then on failure the control goes to catchAll but it do not attempt retry in case remote fault. [

retry properties1

Does SOA don't allow the use of fault policies and binding along with catchAll?

Comments
Post Details
Added on Apr 18 2024
0 comments