Skip to Main Content

Using an old weblogic client, in a weblogic 12C

2791455Mar 24 2015 — edited Mar 24 2015

Hello,

I have this scenario.

I need to deploy an enterprise application on a weblogic 12C, that needs to connect to a EJB deployed in a weblogic 8.

When we try to establish the connection, the application raises an incompatible version exception:

javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is weblogic.socket.UnrecoverableConnectException: [Login failed: 'Incompatible version: Incompatible versions - this server:8.1.5.0 client:12.1.2.0.0]]

at weblogic.jndi.internal.ExceptionTranslator.toNamingException(ExceptionTranslator.java:40)

at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.toNamingException(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:808)

at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:365)

at weblogic.jndi.Environment.getContext(Environment.java:319)

at weblogic.jndi.Environment.getContext(Environment.java:288)

at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:117)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:684)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:307)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:242)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.(InitialContext.java:216)

So, I searched in the weblogic 12c documentation, and it seems that the weblogic 12C libraries, no longer support the weblogic 8.1 servers.

I checked what's the last version of weblogic supporting a EJB connection to a 8.1 server, and seems that weblogic 11 still supports this scenario.

I tried to take the wlthint3client of weblogic 11, and put this into my application, but when I try to deploy the application, I get another error:

"weblogic.management.DeploymentException: java.lang.AssertionError: Class does not implement remote interface"

So, my question is, is there a way to make this scenario to work ?

The obvious answer is to change the weblogic server versions, but this is not an option.

Any help ?

Thanks.

Comments
Post Details
Added on Mar 24 2015
0 comments