Skip to Main Content
This is a BETA environment
This environment is only for testing and may be reset multiple times during the testing period. We will be frequently upgrading this BETA environment, so check back often for changes. Please assist us by providing feedback via the bug icon to the left of your profile avatar. For the current active community, visit https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/.

Unable to bind error in tabular form - error message is very unclear (bug)

JPL_12Jun 15 2013

I have an application which includes a certain page with a tabular form.

After I copied this to a second schema, Apex threw an error 'Unable to bind ':126_ENG_PROJ_ID'

It took me quite a while before I found out that one of my fields in that tabular form has a Popup Key LOV.

The SQL for the LOV was:

select dv, rv from (select loop_short dv, cmpnt_id rv from SPI_MAIN_TAG where eng_proj_id in (:P126_ENG_PROJ_ID, -:P126_ENG_PROJ_ID) ) order by dv

Turned out that the view SPI_MAIN_TAG didnt exist in the second schema.

My mistake, but it would have been really helpful if the Apex error message would have been more clear, like a simple 'Table or view does not exist' error, where possible even with the table name.

I had Debug turned on, but in the debug window there was no reference to above SQL, so that wasn't helpful either.

Comments
Post Details
Added on Jun 15 2013
0 comments