I am trying to run existing C++ application which uses OCCI libraries - for example in
Linker->Input this project has specified
oraocci10.lib. I would really appreciate if I get some help here because I am stuck on my own.
I am using Visual Studio 2005.
Here is list of actions I did. Please see if I missed something or did wrong.
- Downloaded 10.2.0.5 package from here(1st and 5th packages - Basic lite and SDK packages):http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/winsoft-085727.html
- Set environment variables (it seems I have some Oracle client already installed - please see paths below):
- ORACLE_HOME: C:\app\g\product\11.2.0\client_2;
- TNS_ADMIN: C:\app\g\product\11.2.0\client_2\Network\Admin
- Set paths to oracle libraries in my project:
- C/C++->General->Include directories: D:\instantclient_10_2\sdk\include
- Linker->Additional Library directories: D:\instantclient_10_2\sdk\lib\msvc
- In Code Generation->Runtime Library: Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)
My application compiles but I get run time errors. When I run this application as a standalone exe (without compiling the executable, I was given that exe separately also) it works fine, connects with the database, etc.
So something must be wrong how I configured Visual Studio against these OCCI libraries. I would really appreciate some help where I have gone wrong, as I am nearing point where I can't guess what I have done wrong.
NB: Please note I have not downloaded anything except instant client packages like I mentioned above. Some Oracle Client installation was already on my computer - available on this path: C:\app\g\product\11.2.0. What am I missing?
Thanks in advance