When I try to run Java from the Windows DOS command line, I'm running into trouble:
1. When I run Java from the wrong directory, I get the error Error: cannot find or load main class myapp1.
2. When I get to the "right" directory (.../MyApp1/build/classes/myapp1/, which is where the MyApp1.class file resides), I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: MyApp1 (wrong name: myapp1/MyApp1)
1. The CLASSPATH variable is not set (when I type echo %CLASSPATH% the system returns %CLASSPATH%).
2. I also get the same error above when I use: > java -cp . myapp1
(3. I've made sure the PATH is set correctly in environment variables, with the Java path at the beginning of the path string).
Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks in advance for any tips or guidance!