Skip to Main Content
This is a BETA environment
This environment is only for testing and may be reset multiple times during the testing period. We will be frequently upgrading this BETA environment, so check back often for changes. Please assist us by providing feedback via the bug icon to the left of your profile avatar. For the current active community, visit https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/.

TNS-12541:TNS:no listener while LSNRCTL START

User592513Apr 7 2016 — edited Apr 7 2016

Experts,

I installed oracle 11g in my local machine, with elevated privileges (I don't have ADMIN rights).

I found hundreds of discussions on the same error, but none of the suggestions are solving my issue.

My Database is up and running and I am able to login as SYS and SYSTEM users in SQLPlus, but my LISTENER is not running and I couldn't start it

everything on listener.ora, tnsnames.ora files looks good. Error when run LSNRCTL Status from CMD:

LSNRCTL> status

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=*****HostName****)(PORT=1521)))

TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00511: No listener

64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error

While installing Oracle 11g,Installing Network Configurations Assistant step Failed, and I skipped that. Not sure if the LSNRCTL issue is related to that.

And tasklist /svc | find "oracle" CMD listing only one service, for ORCL, I am not seeing the service for LISTENER.

C:\Windows\System32>tasklist /svc | find "oracle"

oracle.exe                    3320 OracleServiceORCL

I am circling in loop. Please help.

Thanks

Swami

Comments
Post Details
Added on Apr 7 2016
0 comments