Targeting ALSB and WLI components
657004Dec 30 2008 — edited Jan 1 2009
I'm using ALINT 3.0 + ALDSP 3.2 platforms in my project. I would like, my domain, to contain three clusters: one for ALSB and WLI services (ALSB cluster), one for ALDSP services (ALDSP cluster) and one for J2EE components (J2EE cluster). When I create everything from wizard, then all components related to ALSB and ALDSP are targeted everywhere. So, I have the following questions:
1. Is there any specification, which component should be targeted to ALSB cluster and which should be targeted to ALDSP cluster.
2. Which component of ALSB is responsible for targeting ALSB services. I mean, I don't want my services to be accessible from each cluster, just from ALSB cluster.
3. Most components, after creating domain from wizard, are targeted to AdminServer as well. Which components should really be targeted there? And which components can only be accessible from clusters.
4. Is there a really quick method of targeting a big number of ALSB and WLI components? Doing it from admin console is terribly time consuming. Of course I can edit config.xml manually, but do you have any less risky tool?
5. Is such a configuration supported and recommended by BEA/Oracle? I would like to avoid an effort related to configuring trust and security between domains so I prefer to do it all in one domain.