Skip to Main Content

Java Development Tools

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

Problems Migrating form 11g to 12c

Andrew SanJan 26 2024

The department where I work is migrating from JDeveloper 11g to 12c. When I open a project from 11g in 12c, I am greeted with the option for the JDeveloper 12c to migrate and adjust my project so that it works properly (theoretically). After this, When i attempt to run a page, I am greeted with a null pointer exception with the following dump:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.jbo.server.CodeSourceImpl.addExpression(CodeSourceImpl.java:543)
at oracle.jbo.common.ExpressionDef.resolveDefObject(ExpressionDef.java:2038)
at oracle.jbo.rules.JboExpressionValidator.resolve(JboExpressionValidator.java:364)
at oracle.jbo.server.AttributeDefImpl.resolveValidator(AttributeDefImpl.java:8824)
at oracle.jbo.server.AttributeDefImpl.resolve(AttributeDefImpl.java:8793)
at oracle.jbo.server.EntityDefImpl.resolveDefObject(EntityDefImpl.java:5751)
at oracle.jbo.server.EntityDefImpl.loadFromXML(EntityDefImpl.java:5038)
at oracle.jbo.server.EntityDefImpl.loadFromXML(EntityDefImpl.java:5013)
at oracle.jbo.server.MetaObjectManager.loadFromXML(MetaObjectManager.java:630)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.loadLazyDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:2651)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:1601)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:1502)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:1484)
at oracle.jbo.server.MetaObjectManager.findMetaObject(MetaObjectManager.java:996)
at oracle.jbo.server.EntityDefImpl.findDefObject(EntityDefImpl.java:1016)
at oracle.jbo.server.ViewDefImpl.doAddRowReference(ViewDefImpl.java:11792)
at oracle.jbo.server.ViewDefImpl.loadEntityReference(ViewDefImpl.java:12387)
at oracle.jbo.server.ViewDefImpl.doLoadFromXML(ViewDefImpl.java:6242)
at oracle.jbo.server.ViewDefImpl.loadFromXML(ViewDefImpl.java:5875)
at oracle.jbo.server.ViewDefImpl.loadFromXML(ViewDefImpl.java:5822)
at oracle.jbo.server.MetaObjectManager.loadFromXML(MetaObjectManager.java:634)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.loadLazyDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:2651)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:1601)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:1502)
at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefinitionObject(DefinitionManager.java:1484)
(this is the top of the stack trace)

I have moving over my Entity Objects one by one to a test Application module and creating new view objects based on those entity objects and running these view objects as tables on a new test page. All of these work but the hassle of moving entity objects and creating new objects will take far too long as there are many of both. I have compared the source code between the 11g, 12c (changes made by JDeveloper), and 12c (newly created Entity Object) and have not seen any stark differences. Has anyone been able to migrate over a large project from 11g to 12c after overcoming a similar issue? Thank you for you time.

Comments
Post Details
Added on Jan 26 2024
4 comments