Packaging and Distrubuting a Java App
843807Nov 14 2002 — edited Nov 15 2002
I developed a java app, which I want to distrubute. The app contains:
2) a /sound directory with sounds files
3) a /images directory with images.
The things I am interested in are:
1) If I use jar to package everything, should I modify my code, so that it will correctly locate the sound and image resources? ( I am using File and URL to locate the images and the sound files)
2) What would be a good way to prevent my code from being reverse engineered
2A) How can I implement a mechanism where the program once installed will be operational for say 30 days and afterwards, will require a licence key of some kind to operate?
3) If I use jar to package everything, will I be able to use InstallShield to create an installer for the game?