Skip to Main Content
This is a BETA environment
This environment is only for testing and may be reset multiple times during the testing period. We will be frequently upgrading this BETA environment, so check back often for changes. Please assist us by providing feedback via the bug icon to the left of your profile avatar. For the current active community, visit https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/.

Oracle XE installation error - 1608

517037Jun 8 2006
It seems I've attempted all the suggestions to fix this problem available on the web but nothing seems to work.

I successfully installed Oracle XE once but had problems installing Zend, so I removed Oracle and can't reinstall it anymore. I've removed all the components and even restored my operating system to a previous state before the first Oracle installation. I'm running Windows 2003 server with the xampp application and MySQL. However, I've disabled these applications along with a few others to do the installation.

Installation hangs and I get the error-1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance,
-2147221021. I've updated my InstallShield files as suggested by some and have logged on with the Administrator account on the machine. Does anyone know the causes that's preventing this installation? Thanks in advance.
Comments
Post Details
Added on Jun 8 2006
0 comments