Hey, Forums user!
We’re so glad you're here. No matter which Oracle product or programming language you use, the Developer Community Forum is the place to troubleshoot technical issues, discover in-person events, and grow as a developer.
If you have any questions, please take a look at the FAQ below. If you have any suggestions that would improve your Forums experience, post them in the Feedback category.
How do I ask my question?
First, find the category that best suits your query (e.g., General Database Discussions, Java SE), then click New Post.
Complete all available fields and provide as much relevant detail as possible. This can look like taking screenshots, pasting code, and generally describing the steps you’ve taken so that others can reproduce your issue. Leave Subscribe toggled on if you’d like to be notified when another user responds. Click Add Post when finished to post your topic.
How do I use tags?
When creating a post, you can add a tag so that others can easily find your post. In the Tags field, search for the most relevant option, or if you don’t see a good fit, create your own by adding it in the Tags field. Take a look at how others have used tags for similar questions, or use your product’s specific tags if you know them already.
How do I subscribe to a tag?
In the upper right of any Forums page, click your avatar > Manage Subscriptions > Tags tab.
In the upper right, click Subscribe to a tag…
Complete the the two fields in the popup and click Subscribe.
How can I manage my subscriptions?
In the upper right of any Forums page, click your avatar > Manage Subscriptions.
To unsubscribe, click Unsubscribe, then click Ok in the popup asking you to confirm unsubscribing.
Can I promote my app or project?
One nice thing about a community is ability to see and get excited about what we’re all building. These topics are best added to the Show and Tell category. Please note that we do not permit messages about topics which are unrelated to our Community, and we do not permit any referral/affiliate marketing.
Community Events may be permitted. If you have a community event you’d like to share, please ask in [our Public Slack instance in the #forums channel](https://bit.ly/odevrel_slack) for permission to post it.
Where did certifications go? Where can I discuss exams and scheduling?
In partnership with our friends at Oracle University, learning and certification discussion for all programs has moved into the OU Community. You can find them over here: https://community.oracle.com/ou for all questions about certifications, exams, training, and more.
1. Respect Forum users and moderators: Treat Forum members with respect and courtesy. Engage in constructive and civil discussions, even when you disagree with someone's opinion.
2. No hate speech or harassment: When encountering Forum posts targeting individuals or groups based on their race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics, these posts should be deleted and users banned.
3. Stay on topic: keep conversation limited to the category inside of which you're posting. This means links to or promotion of commercial projects, products, or otherwise is strictly prohibited.
4. Be mindful of language and tone: Use language that is appropriate. Refrain from using excessive profanity or offensive language that could be seen as disrespectful.
5. Provide value: Contribute meaningful and informative content to the forum. Share insights, experiences, and knowledge that can benefit other members. Avoid spamming or posting irrelevant or promotional material.
6. Use proper attribution: When sharing information or content from external sources, provide proper attribution and give credit to the original authors or creators.
7. Engage in active listening: Take the time to read and understand users' posts before responding. Show respect for different perspectives and engage in thoughtful, constructive discussions.