Excuse me as I am a Oracle newbie and I have a specific question regarding Oracle Licensing. We are trying to find out Oracle Sources. We have a oracle 8.1.7 Server-client environment on SUSE 10. We wish to build similar environment for SLES 12 Operating system. But I have following questions,
1. Can one officially get Oracle Client RPM for SLES 12 without having official Licenses? If yes How?
2. If no, then can I get Oracle Source RPM or at least Oracle Client Libraries so that we will try to build up Oracle custom RPM on our own.
3. Is it allowed to run Oracle Client on Virtual System? I am asking this because I recently read somewhere that without licenses it is not permitted to run Oracle on Virtual System.
4. Using normal user account I was able to download "Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (22.214.171.124.0) for Linux x86-64" from Oracle Official Website. Does this also contain Oracle Client?
5. If the feedback of above questions is negative then ofcourse we shall consider purchasing official Oracle Client licenses.
Thanx in adv.