Skip to Main Content

Deutsche

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

ORA-02291 & ORA-02292 integrity constraint () violated - parent key not found & child record found

ThorstenGustAug 12 2020

Hi All,

I've some problems to understand the above errors. But maybe I understand correctly don't know, but maybe someone can help.

Anyway, we've configured an advanced replication between two sides let us say 1 and 2,  it does  only a data replication, no objects would be replicated. Means the objects are created before start the replication. Now, in a normal process, I understand correctly the advanced replication is responsible for any changes done on side 1 and/or side 2.

When the replication is working, we got errors like this below, but I'm not really sure what they mean correctly.

Error-Message : ORA-02291: integrity constraint (ABC.FK_TEST_TIME_ID_NACHRICH) violated - parent key not found

ORA-02292: integrity constraint (ABC.FK_TEST_CARD_DIX_ID_CARD_ZUSA) violated - child record found

Is it something about the data the replication tried to write in the table or is it because the replication tried the write data in a field which does not exist. Means at ORA-02291 the parent key 'FK_TEST_TIME_ID_NACHRICH' on side 2 in example does not exist and canot write data in it, or does it mean that the data is in example to big?

For the other error I think it should ean that he tried to write data in a table which is exist already, but not really sure.

Anyy help would be much apreciated !!

Thanks in advance and best regards

Thorsten

Comments
Post Details
Added on Aug 12 2020
0 comments