Skip to Main Content

OpenId4Java and Weblogic - How to turn on <RP discovery / realm validation disabled; >

wlovettMar 22 2014 — edited Mar 23 2014

Hi Guys,

Using JDeveloper 12.1.2.0.0 and the weblogic server that comes bundled with it.

I'm running into some problems with the way (I think) weblogic is configured.  I'm using a third party's library and calling platformClient.getOpenIdAuthorizeUrl(); in my app which is throwing up a warning in WebLogic's console:

<Mar 22, 2014 7:30:46 PM EDT> <Warning> <Socket> <BEA-000449> <Closing the socket, as no data read from it on 127.0.0.1:51,414 during the configured idle timeout of 5 seconds.>

<Mar 22, 2014 7:30:47 PM EDT> <Warning> <org.openid4java.server.RealmVerifier> <BEA-000000> <RP discovery / realm validation disabled; >

[Application termination requested.  Undeploying application IppTest.]

Error Code: null,Error Message: null

The null that gets returned from that getOpenIdAuthorizeUrl() causes a list of null pointers.

I can get the same sample program to work on Tomcat 7.  I'm thinking it's some kind of weblogic configuration deal.  I'm requesting the java classes from the third party provider but may take a few days.  Was hoping someone knew if it was a simple switch to turn on realm validation.  I don't need a full blown security mechanism as described here: Oracle Fusion Middleware Security: OpenId SSO for WebLogic Server .  I think OpenId4Java just wants to know the server's ip (or something) and WebLogic is saying no.

Any ideas?

Will

Comments
Post Details
Added on Mar 22 2014
1 comment