Skip to Main Content
This is a BETA environment
This environment is only for testing and may be reset multiple times during the testing period. We will be frequently upgrading this BETA environment, so check back often for changes. Please assist us by providing feedback via the bug icon to the left of your profile avatar. For the current active community, visit https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/.

new ORDS3.0 install under tomcat; catalina.out still references running ORDS 2.0x

user874435Feb 2 2017

Hello.  We are running Oracle REST Data Services version : 2.0.6.27.18.06 under tomcat 7 on 2 of our contexts.

and I have tried to just install/configure ORDS 3.0 on one of my contexts just to test it out. I believe it is working, however, when I stop/start tomcat and look in the catalina.out file, it is still referencing using

INFO: Oracle REST Data Services initialized

Oracle REST Data Services version : 2.0.6.27.18.06

Oracle REST Data Services server info: Apache Tomcat/7.0.56

Does this mean that my 3.0 ORDS is not installed correctly? I have done a

java -jar <war> validate on the 3.0 .war and it comes back and says it is 3.0...

java -jar cdoselect.war validate

Enter the name of the database server [cdodb-d.ncdc.noaa.gov]:

Enter the database listen port [1521]:

Enter the database SID [cdodev2]:

Please login with SYSDBA privileges to verify Oracle REST Data Services schema.

Enter the username with SYSDBA privileges to verify the installation [SYS]:

Enter the database password for SYS:

Confirm password:

Oracle REST Data Services will be validated.

Validating Oracle REST Data Services schema version 3.0.9.348.07.16

... Log file written to <dir>/ords_validate_core_2017-02-02_122903_00845.log

Completed validating Oracle REST Data Services version 3.0.9.348.07.16.  Elapsed time: 00:00:04.246

when I do the same command on my 2.0 ORDS context, it comes back with a syntax error.

Why does the catalina.out not report that is running 3.0?

Thanks

Comments
Post Details
Added on Feb 2 2017
0 comments