Skip to Main Content
This is a BETA environment
This environment is only for testing and may be reset multiple times during the testing period. We will be frequently upgrading this BETA environment, so check back often for changes. Please assist us by providing feedback via the bug icon to the left of your profile avatar. For the current active community, visit https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/.

NEED HELP CONNECTING TO ECLIPSE

cb008546-653d-4d2b-8046-355f01111fb2Nov 16 2014 — edited Nov 17 2014

Hi, I am using windows 8.1 and downloaded Oracle Database 11g express edition. After that, I noticed a Getting_Started internet shortcut file from which I was able to create a workspace and start creating tables with sql commands, and it all works.

OracleApplicationExpress.png

Now, I just downloaded the latest Eclipse EE for java developers, and I do not know how to connect it to this database. I am eventually looking forward to connect it with my java program, but for now, I want to test the connection and run the sql commands from eclipse to control this database. I am really lost right now about what steps should I take, which driver to install and how to install. If anyone can help me out, it would be great.

Comments
Post Details
Added on Nov 16 2014
0 comments