I have a few unclear concepts regarding MySQL InnoDB Cluster Topology to be deployed into our environment. The attachment is obtained from "MySQL InnoDB Cluster & MySQL Group Replication In a Nutshell Hands-On Tutorial". It was in 2017. I'm not clear what Mp symbol stands for. Is it referring to a Primary Master?
Can anybody explain to me the following concept?
- Is Primary Master in a Cluster a Read Write Compute Instance?
- Is Secondary Master in a Cluster a Read Only Compute Instance?
- Is Slave a Compute Instance to replicate from any of Masters regardless Primary or Secondary?
- Is a Cluster Node a Compute Instance holding one or more mysqld processes? (Typically just one mysqld process)
- Is a mysqld instance holding one or more schemas? (schema is created via "create database" statement)
- Can you have a Compute Instance holding both R/W and R/O mode?
- Can you have a mysqld instance holding both R/W and R/O mode?