Skip to Main Content

Cloud Platform

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback about Oracle Forums, please email oracle-forums-moderators_us@oracle.com. Please ask technical questions in the appropriate category. Thank you!

Is Oracle Developer Cloud Service enough?

GadoNov 18 2017

Hello Experts,

I'm using JDev For building ADF application.

I've been developing an ADF application for about a year now and recently i came across some maintenance problems.

Specially that i wasn't using any version control or an issue tracking system (didn't know about those until now actually).

So i came across some tools and studied them carefully which are GIT as a versioning tool and JIRA and Confluence as an issue tracking system.

I can't tell how much this knowledge transformed my life as a developer.

But i also came across that amazing oracle solution "Oracle Developer Cloud Service" which made me even happier because now all of this tools are integrated together with JDeveloper seamlessly.

But i have a couple of questions here:

1- If i chose to use the ODCS will i still need JIRA or Confluence?

2- After the ODCS trial period ends how much would i pay to use only these tools?

(I took a look on this link http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/contracts/paas-iaas-universal-credits-3940775.pdf  ... but didn't understand anything)

To help you find the most accurate answer:

1- For now i'm only one user.

2- My question is only about issue tracking and version control ... so no any other SAAS , IAAS or PAAS.

Thank you for your time

Gado

Comments
Post Details
Added on Nov 18 2017
0 comments