Skip to Main Content

APEX

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback about Oracle Forums, please email oracle-forums-moderators_us@oracle.com. Please ask technical questions in the appropriate category. Thank you!

How to get selected left shuttle item on-click?

jaramillJan 23 2024 — edited Jan 23 2024

Running on Oracle APEX version 21.2.3, on Oracle Database 19c (19.0)

There is a prior thread that has an APEX app example of what I would like to achieve but the person who answered @shunt8 left out key details.

“Shuttles: How to get/use the value of a highlighted shuttle value?”

Shuttles: How to get/use the value of a highlighted shuttle value? - Oracle Forums

Here's their app: Shuttle Menu (oracle.com)

I'd like to do the same where the user clicks on 1 of many items on the left-hand side but BEFORE I shuttle the item to the right-hand side which then triggers cascading LOV values, I'd like to “preview” the items on the cascading LOVs, so I would like to grab the value that was clicked on, on the left-hand side (see screenshot). Item is clicked but not moved to the right. I want to grab that “Display Value” (to test I created a page item below), so then I can run a query to preview the expected results.

So if the user likes what they see then move to the right and then see the results:

The question is what JavaScript do I use? I have seen mentions of APEX 5. where the reference the shuttle item but with a suffix of “_LEFT”, and “_RIGHT”. That doesn't seem to work.

If @shunt8 is around (from the referenced thread) and can help me that would be great.

This post has been answered by Gabriel Guzman on Jan 23 2024
Jump to Answer
Comments
Post Details
Added on Jan 23 2024
6 comments