Skip to Main Content

Oracle Forms

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

How to configure OC4J to run the forms on port 8889 everytime?

Sudhanshu_Apr 2 2015 — edited Apr 3 2015

I have Oracle developer Suite 10g. I am using Forms Builder 10.1.2.0.2 included in it. I am creating simple forms and trying to run it in Internet Explorer 10.0.9.

I have JInitiator 1.3.1.22 installed but internet explorer was crashing every time I tried running the form so I took help from the web and as per the suggestion found on web

I copy pasted the jvm.dll from one of my oracle home> C:\DevSuiteHome_2\jdk\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.22\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll

and deleted(backed up) the original jvm.dll at C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.22\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll. This has resulted in internet explorer not crashing and runs

the form well WHEN it runs it on port 8889 otherwise it is endless loading with address in address bar as http://127.0.0.1:50029/YPws33aEjVzxsktj8Io1ckosIHWKqXh0mscaZ30opS307JUW

with the port number being high ones in 50000 range and changes every time and browser says in the tab: waiting for 127.0.0.1 and FORM ultimately never runs. I want to stress that

when OC4J runs the form on port 8889 it runs smoothly without any issue !

My question is: How do i tell forms builder and OC4J to run the form on 8889 every time I run it from within the FORMS builder by CLTR+R or the using  RUN button after compilation.

As it runs successfully on port 8889 but not on other ports.

I am aware of the preference option in Forms Builder and it is set to default: http://Fujitsu:8889/forms/frmservlet    Fujitsu = 127.0.0.1  in the browser.

I am also aware of Default.env, formsweb.cfg ,cauprefs.ora files and have tried putting port number there but without any success. If anyone knows how to configure

port number in these files please advise.

files

portlist.ini :

Oracle Developer Suite HTTP port = 8889

Oracle Developer Suite JMS port = 9240

Oracle Developer Suite RMI port = 23910

Oracle HTTP Server Diagnostic port = 7200

Reports Services bridge port = 14011

Reports Services discoveryService port = 14021

tnsnames.ora:

XE =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Fujitsu)(PORT = 1521))

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

(SERVICE_NAME = XE)

)

)

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = PLSExtProc)

(PRESENTATION = RO)

)

)

ORACLR_CONNECTION_DATA =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = CLRExtProc)

(PRESENTATION = RO)

)

)

Listener.ora:

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\DevSuiteHome_2\network\admin\listener.ora

# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =

(SID_LIST =

(SID_DESC =

(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)

(ORACLE_HOME = C:\DevSuiteHome_2)

(PROGRAM = extproc)

)

)

LISTENER =

(DESCRIPTION_LIST =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Fujitsu)(PORT = 1521))

)

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))

)

)

)

#DEFAULT_SERVICE_LISTENER = (XE)

As you can see I have default database identifier XE as i have oracle database Express edition 11g installed.

So please help me with information on  how do i run the form in my browser on port 8889 everytime it runs.

Thanks.

Comments
Locked Post
New comments cannot be posted to this locked post.
Post Details
Locked on Apr 30 2015
Added on Apr 2 2015
2 comments