Skip to Main Content

APEX

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

Give Unique ID to newly uploaded Data

I need to give every data that gets uploaded a unique ID. It is uploaded using a excel sheet then the data gets loaded in. At the moment I have added a dynamic action to run once the “Load Data” button is clicked:

PL/SQL code being run in the dynamic action :
UPDATE RAWCUSTREQS
SET TEAM = :CURRENTTEAM
WHERE TEAM IS NULL;

:CURRENTTEAM is an application item that contains the unique team ID that is used to separate the Data. Therefore depnding on who is logged in, i would be able to filter out the data based on the “TEAM” column. It only affects the rows where the “TEAM” column is empty, the idea being that it was just uploaded by the user.

The problem i am having is that The code doesn't seem to run when the excel sheet being uploaded has a large amount of data (500+) .When i tried it with a new test excel sheet ^ with just 3 rows. The “TEAMS” column gets updated and everything works fine. Is this a processing issue where my code is being run before the data has been fully uploaded? If so where should i place this code to run? Thanks.

This post has been answered by Kezin Paul David Sheeba Christobel-Oracle on Feb 22 2024
Jump to Answer
Comments
Post Details
Added on Feb 21 2024
3 comments