Skip to Main Content

APEX

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback about Oracle Forums, please email oracle-forums-moderators_us@oracle.com. Please ask technical questions in the appropriate category. Thank you!

Geocoded Address Page Item

JessicaWilsonNov 11 2022 — edited Nov 11 2022

Using Version 22.1.6
I am trying to work with the "Geocoded Address" item. I have it working with the "Automatic" option to trigger the geocoding with some minor adjustments (the city doesn't come back in the city field, it's putting county in there, so I had to write a DA to get the right city field). The problem is that I just don't like the implementation of having to submit the page twice - the first one generates the geocoding and the second submits the data. I see that it can be triggered with a DA or a JQuery selector, but I can't find any documentation on how to use these options. Has anyone found a good method to use this new item? I really do like the functionality, and I'd love to be able to use it. I did try adding a DA to submit the page using the event "Result Selection [Geocoded Address]", but that is throwing some ugly errors if the submit fails for some reason.

Comments
Post Details
Added on Nov 11 2022
1 comment