Skip to Main Content

Error encountered when installing weblogic patch 10.3.6.0.9 in unix

2604349Jul 8 2015 — edited Jul 8 2015

Please help me with the error I encountered when trying to install a new weblogic patch in unix 10.3.6.0.9 from 10.3.6.0

1. I've unzipped the file and uploaded it to {MW_HOME}/utils/bsu/cache_dir as per the instruction manual.

2. I proceeded in executing the below command to install the patch:

./bsu.sh -install -verbose -patch_download_dir={MW_HOME}//utils/bsu/cache_dir/ -patchlist=FSR2 -prod_dir={MW_HOME}/wlserver_10.3/

3. In the middle of its run, I encountered the error below and it exits with null:

Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:233)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.PatchBundleTarget.getItFromWeblogicServerProperties(PatchBundleTarget.java:378)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.PatchBundleTarget.<init>(PatchBundleTarget.java:306)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.PatchTargetFactory.create(PatchTargetFactory.java:39)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.ProductAliasTarget.constructPatchTargetList(ProductAliasTarget.java:69)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.ProductAliasTarget.<init>(ProductAliasTarget.java:46)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.ProductAliasTargetHelper.getProdAliasTargetList(ProductAliasTargetHelper.java:55)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.ProductAliasTargetHelper.getAllHomeToProdAliasesTargetMap(ProductAliasTargetHelper.java:32)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.ProductAliasTargetHelper.checkProfilesInProductAliases(ProductAliasTargetHelper.java:133)

at com.bea.plateng.patch.Patch$1.run(Patch.java:376)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

null

Can anyone please help in solving this issue? Thank you!

Comments
Post Details
Added on Jul 8 2015
0 comments