Skip to Main Content

Java APIs

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback about Oracle Forums, please email oracle-forums-moderators_us@oracle.com. Please ask technical questions in the appropriate category. Thank you!

EOFException in a RMI call

839715Aug 12 2013

Hi, all

Sometimes I will get the following error at the moment of our application startup. The RMI call "SchemaDataExternalAccessService.getAllTypeDefinitions()" will just fetch schema data from mySQL database. Normally or most of time the call is fine and no any errors. But sometimes...it will fail with the following exceptions. I cannot find any other clues on why it will happen. There are no any issues for the client and server side of the RMI call. The mySQL database is running well also.

Can anyone please help provide me any comments?

Thanks in advanced.

java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:

java.io.EOFException

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:304)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:202)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:128)

at com.ntx.cdma.service.dataservice.dac.SchemaDataExternalAccessService_Stub.getAllTypeDefinitions(Unknown Source)

at com.ntx.cdma.ddf.access.SchemaLoaderThread.run(SchemaLoaderThread.java:104)

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:267)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:246)

... 4 more

Comments
Locked Post
New comments cannot be posted to this locked post.
Post Details
Locked on Sep 9 2013
Added on Aug 12 2013
0 comments