Skip to Main Content

ODP.NET

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

EF.Core 8, Compiled Model generation is failing

Hi,

After the update to .net8 and EFCore8, the compiled model generation does not work anymore due to the following error:
"The type mapping used is incompatible with a compiled model. The mapping type must have a 'public static readonly OracleGuidTypeMapping OracleGuidTypeMapping.Default' property."
I haven't found another forum post about this, so I hope its not a duplicate.

I've found some github issues, which seem similar for other database providers: https://github.com/npgsql/efcore.pg/issues/2871

I've created a test project to replicate this. Which I've sent(will send after posting this) via email to dotnet_us (at) oracle.com (as previously suggested to me on another forum post about a different issue). In the Readme.md file, I've placed the commands which i've used to generate the migrations/models.

Some details:
-Previously used versions(which still works): Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.* 7.0.14, Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore 7.21.12
-Newly used versions: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.* 8.0.1, Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore 8.21.121

Currently I can get around it, by rolling back the versions, or manually updating the models, but would appreciate if the generation would work properly again.

Thank you:
Árpád Póth

Comments
Post Details
Added on Jan 19 2024
1 comment