Skip to Main Content

DevOps, CI/CD and Automation

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

docker pull does not work

User_CYURFJan 25 2022

Hi,
I am trying to pull one of oracle image from container-registry.oracle.com.
Initially I tried to use https://github.com/oracle/docker-images/tree/main/OracleGoldenGate/12c-19c to build Oracle Golden Gate 19.
I downloaded the package from the edelivery and ran the command but I got this error.
➜ 12c-19c git:(main) ✗ ./dockerBuild.sh V983658-01.zip --no-cache
tar: Option --owner=54321 is not supported
Usage:
List: tar -tf <archive-filename>
Extract: tar -xf <archive-filename>
Create: tar -cf <archive-filename> [filenames...]
Help: tar --help
[+] Building 2.5s (4/4) FINISHED
=> [internal] load build definition from Dockerfile 0.0s
=> => transferring dockerfile: 37B 0.0s
=> [internal] load .dockerignore 0.0s
=> => transferring context: 2B 0.0s
=> ERROR [internal] load metadata for container-registry.oracle.com/database/instantclient:12.2.0.1 2.4s
=> [auth] database/instantclient:pull token for container-registry.oracle.com 0.0s
------

[internal] load metadata for container-registry.oracle.com/database/instantclient:12.2.0.1:
------
failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to create LLB definition: pull access denied, repository does not exist or may require authorization: server message: insufficient_scope: authorization failed

So, I was wondering if docker pull is really works...
➜ 12c-19c git:(main) ✗ docker login container-registry.oracle.com
Login Succeeded
➜ 12c-19c git:(main) ✗ docker pull container-registry.oracle.com/database/instantclient:12.2.0.1
Error response from daemon: pull access denied for container-registry.oracle.com/database/instantclient, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

===
So, can you help me how to create Oracle GG 19 docker image? and help me how to pull the instantclient:12.2.0.1?

Thanks

Comments
Post Details
Added on Jan 25 2022
0 comments