Skip to Main Content

Copying/Cloning Control Centers

609721Oct 2 2008 — edited Oct 15 2008
Hi,

I currently have 20 development environments running off a single database instance - each environment is set up as a schema.

All of these dev envs have there own control center, so for instance the dev environment 'DEV_ENV1' has its own control center 'DEV_ENV1_CC' - these environments are always being trashed and rebuilt by overwriting all objects from a copy taken from production.

The problem I have, is that once we have rebuilt an environment, the 10gR2 generated mappings will not run unless I redeploy them - this is troublesome as we have thousands of mappings.

I've seen the note regarding cloning, and we have managed to use this successfully in our end-of-day environment which is a copy of the prod db instance.

However, I cannot get this method to work for our development environments - if I attempt to copy the control center from prod to dev, it invalidates most of the JAVA Classes. If I copy the data from the prod Control Center to the dev Control Center, I can no longer access the control center via the owb client and cannot acces the runtime browser or run the reset_repositories.sql script

Does anyone know of a simple way to overcome these issues???

I need to be able to copy across mappings and have the ability to run them without deploying them.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Regards
Comments
Post Details
Added on Oct 2 2008
7 comments