Skip to Main Content

Java Development Tools

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

Confusion in How-to select multiple parent table rows and synchronize a detail table with the combined result

user13321336Dec 19 2023

Dear Friends,

Jdeveloper Version 12.2.1.4.0

There is Confusing code on Oracle ADF Code Corner.
I have getRowKey() to memorize adf table state and then setRowKey() to set old table state

with the reference to the example on ADF Code Corner Articles at ADF Code Corner webpage https://www.oracle.com/application-development/technologies/adf/codecorner.html and the article number 075. How-to select multiple parent table rows and synchronize a detail table with the combined result.

Regarding this above code example, there is a code on line 43 and 44 of the backing bean MasterDetailBean as below
//memorize the current row key to set it back at the end
List currentRowKey = (List) rt.getRowKey();
In this above code rt.getRowKey() is always returning null at this line if you run this application.
So even if I remove this line , the application works fine.

Later also need to remove the below line rt.setRowKey(currentRowKey); to set row currency back.

The code works fine as expected even after removal of the two above mentioned lines of code.

I can feel that may be If I am missing and not aware of some specific situation during runtime when these lines will become important to be there.

My humble question is why these lines are there which even if removed have no effect on the functionality of the multi row selection listener of adf table? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Ali

Comments
Post Details
Added on Dec 19 2023
3 comments