Skip to Main Content

APEX

Announcement

For appeals, questions and feedback, please email oracle-forums_moderators_us@oracle.com

Are the users defined in apex.oracle.com auto Access Control List feature useable?

JKLOct 27 2020 — edited Oct 27 2020

Hi, I am testing apex in apex.oracle.com. I created an app and checked to use the Access Control feature. It builds a Access Control area in the Administration menu link. When I add new users and specified the roles, it seems to add the user to the APEX_APPL_ACL_USERS. I can get a list of that users with the query below:
SELECT USER_NAME
FROM APEX_APPL_ACL_USERS
WHERE APPLICATION_ID = :APP_ID
ORDER BY USER_NAME
However, I am not seeing the app sending out email or anything to ask the user to join. Also, I can't use this user name to login to the app to run it, well obviously, the Add user screen does not provide field to setup password.
So my question is that can we actually use these users in the app? I don't know the right search words to search for how to setup these users as real users. It may not allow you to do so. Or this is just apex.oracle.com thing because we don't have control over the actual user setup like password setup?
So how do I login as a different user for the same app added via the app default Access Control Admin area?
Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks

This post has been answered by Hilary Farrell-Oracle on Oct 27 2020
Jump to Answer
Comments
Post Details
Added on Oct 27 2020
5 comments