Thank you for taking the time to beta test the Oracle Database Multilingual Engine!
- Is it easy to write JS functions and use them in SELECT, WHERE clauses, sub selects, INSERTs, etc.
- Is it easy to write JS functions with more sophisticated parameters (more than one, different data types, etc)
- Is it easy to write SQL within JS functions to get and put data from and into the database
- Is it convenient to load npm packages, also when they require other npm packages
- How easy is it to load multiple npm packages in your JS function
- Do you think you would be allowed loading third party open source packages into a production database in the first place?
- Do you like the way how you have to declare your functions today, what can be done better, etc.
Please note that taking a close look at the performance comparison between PL/SQL and MLE is premature in this first beta. A lot of integration points for MLE haven't been provided yet in this beta version and hence give it in some cases a clear performance benefit and in others a clear downside. Although MLE can offer a lot of benefits going forward this beta version is yet to soon to draw conclusions on performance numbers.
We really appreciate all the testing efforts and what has been done already and certainly those are already very good insights!